The Radio Programs are interviewed by Equestrian Legacy Radio that discusses current BCHA events. They have been edited to include only the interview with the show’s host Gary Holt and BCHA Members. See below for a description of each program and for the web link to the full versions of the radio program segment on blogtalkradio.com.
Past Broadcasts with BCHA
Thursday November 19th, 2020, on Equestrian Legacy Radio. The BCHA interview begins at minute 62:15 of the full version of the radio program.
BCHA’s Director for Public Lands & Recreation, Randy Rasmussen, discusses key public lands issues and opportunities facing BCHA in 2021, including:
- The effects of the 2020 wildfire season,
- COVID-19 and forest closures,
- The 2020 Great American Outdoors Act and funding opportunities,
- National Scenic Trails (and the Pacific Crest Trail),
- BCHA initiatives to recruit and engage youth,
- Efforts to prevent the transfer of federal lands to the states, and
- The use of electric motorized bicycles on shared-use trails.
BCHA’s Director for Public Lands & Recreation, Randy Rasmussen, joins former BCHA Chairman Jim McGarvey to discuss key public lands issues and opportunities including the Great American Outdoors Act, the benefits from BCHA’s success in moving Congress to pass the 2016 National Forest System Trails Stewardship Act, and the advent of public controversy regarding the use of electric motorized bicycles on shared-use trails. The BCHA interview begins at minute 1:04.