Grant Applications Starting January 2021
To apply please open the Online Grant Form, fill out the required fields. Once submitted it is emailed immediately to the Grant Committee.
Our grants are usually $100 to $1000 so that we may help as many groups as possible. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Karen Saner at grants@BCHA.org and put GRANT QUESTION in the subject line.
How and When to Apply for a Grant
The Grants Committee is a standing committee that will disseminate grants to states and chapters of BCHA. Members of this committee include Karen Saner (WY) Chairman, Jacque Alexander (AR) Recorder, Robert Wagner (GA), Bob Magee (CA) and David Beary (IA).
Grants are reviewed and approved by the BCHA Grant Committee. Grants must align with the mission of BCHA.
Dates for grant submissions are January 1st to March 15th.
From March 15th to April 1st the committee will review and assign money.
Recipients will be announced at the BCHA National Board Meeting. The checks will be mailed to the contact person’s mailing address the week after the National Board Meeting. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Karen Saner at grants@BCHA.org with BCHA GRANTS in the subject line and she will get back to you.
Things that we look for
Are you following one of our mission statements?
- To perpetuate the common-sense use and enjoyment of horses in America’s backcountry and wilderness lands.
- To work to ensure that American Public Lands remain open to recreational stock use.
- To assist the agencies responsible for the management of American Public Lands in meeting their goals.
- To educate, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise use of the American backcountry resources by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage and “Leave No Trace” principles.
- To foster and encourage the extension of the Back Country Horsemen of America National Chapters network.
We would also like to see the education and encouragement of Youth in the proper use of America’s backcountry and any public lands be it county, state, or national